In Darwin’s footsteps
In 1836 Charles Darwin travelled in the HMS Beagle to Australia as part of the world voyage that would subsequently form the basis of his earth-shattering theories of evolution. Over 170 years later, we join his great-great-grandson, Chris Darwin, following in his footsteps through the Blue Mountains to explore the wildlife & landscapes that inspired his theories.
Darwin’s Walk takes us to Wentworth Falls through the dominance of Eucalypt forests that so intrigued Darwin. This tour is for the passionate lover of natural history, who seeks an insight into the ideas and influences that shaped Darwin’s thinking, rocking the foundations of human evolution & natural history forever.
Chris Darwin shares his insights on the legacy of his famous forebear, and the influence Australia had in shaping his ideas. Following our walk, experience the stunning views of the Blue Mountains with a gourmet clifftop lunch..
- Walk the famous Darwin Walk from Wentworth Falls township to the Falls themselves
- Travel with passionate conservationist & natural historian Chris Darwin, who gives us a detailed & intimate insight into the thinking & theories of his great-great-grandfather
- Following your walk, enjoy lunch overlooking the Jamison Valley with Chris Darwin at Solitary Restaurant
- See famous Blue Mountains sights like the Three Sisters, and delve in to the wilderness on walks through the Eucalypts & temperate rainforest
Duration: Approximately 10 Hours
Download Itinerary: Darwin On Darwin
- Services of private Bespoke Tours Guide
- Travel in private luxury vehicle, additional guiding by Chris Darwin (based on availability)
- Entry to National Parks
- Lunch at a great local restaurant
- Copy of Charles Darwin in Australia signed by Chris Darwin