Sydney by foot and ferry
There’s a lot to be grateful for being a Sydney-sider, and ranking right up there is the joy of getting around that beautiful Harbour by ferry.
We make the most of this, connecting our favourite Sydney spots by ferry & foot. Start with a walking tour of The Rocks, the site of the original fledgling colony, as we wind through quaint alleyways past sandstone buildings. At Nawi Cove we’ll meet our Aboriginal guide for a walking tour around the Barangaroo Parklands. Replanted to imitate the bushlands that were here 200 years ago, this is a great way to learn about indigenous culture in pre-Contact Sydney.
Head to Circular Quay to jump on the ferry to Manly, a vibrant beachside village with great boardwalks, a vibey feel, and the famous broad sweep of Manly Beach. Back on the ferry we cross to Watsons Bay.
Grab fish & chips at Watsons Bay beach with incredible views back to the city. A foreshore walk around Watsons Bay then takes us past Harbourside mansions, protected Harbour beaches, and beautiful cliff-lines before we jump back onboard to return to the city.
- In Manly, take the popular locals walk to Shelly Beach, or take in the sands, waves or sights of Manly Beach with an ice cream in your hand
- Chill like the locals, with a lunch of fish & chips sitting by the water at Watsons Bay – great views of the city and Opera House up the Harbour!
- Discover Aboriginal history, culture and bushfoods with your indigenous guide at the newly developed Barangaroo foreshore
Duration: Approximately 8.5 Hours
Download Itinerary: Explore Sydney Like A Local
- Services of private Bespoke Tours Guide
- Travel by hop-on/hop-off ferry on Sydney Harbour
- Flexible tour options
- Ice cream at Manly
- Casual beach lunch at Watsons Bay